Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Most frequent questions and answers
After every completed pong order, there is a mathematically guaranteed gain that you enter in the program while configuring it. So yes, if the pong order is completed, you should have made some gains. But this does not mean there is a guaranteed trade CAT Bot offers you. It tries to do what you tell it to do. The coin of your choice may suffer a drop while you are trading with it, so in the end, although you may be growing your value in terms of that coin, you may actually be losing money in regards to USD, or BTC. You have to make clever choices for pairs and markets.
C.A.T using proprietary code. It is no open-sourced. But you can always sniff network activity using tools like Wireshark to be sure it is safe to use C.A.T.
Absolutely no! C.A.T. is a personally compiled jar (Java8) file. So all you need is to install java 8 SDK on your desktop, laptop, or VPS and run cat.jar. You can even run C.A.T. on with default config to have profits.
NEVER! Your copy of C.A.T. is made specifically for you and the API Key you provide, so it does not need to verify your identity once again by contacting our servers. You already can’t use any other keys, so it is designed to communicate directly and only with your chosen exchange. Once you start using your software, we have no control over how you use it.
Yes, it does. Although it depends on what you expect out of it and how much you already know about trading. You can be a total beginner and just get the hold of the program, afterward it would be as simple as finding an average of two numbers in the market, and it would work. You can be a trading pro, and you could achieve a lot more with the detailed functions of CAT. We are not selling a magic wand here but think of it as a “hard worker”.
C.A.T. communicates only with the Site you’re trading on and allowed only to trade. Never turn on withdrawal on your API. C.A.T don`t store your key elsewhere
The CAT bot consists of a core set of utilities, and a set of API interfaces for specific trading sites. While purchasing C.A.T., you can decide which sites API interfaces you wish to add, so buying access to all API interfaces is not mandatory. However, adding additional sites to your copy of C.A.T. can be done at any time. Check our to get a better understanding of this topic and prices. page
Every 40 Seconds (for each market) a Lookup is performed.
Of course not. This is not a “get rich quick” scheme. Everything is still dependent on your choices but CAT helps you do things when you are away from your computer, or things you would not be fast enough to do yourself. No software that claims to give you unlimited gains and says it is totally risk-free would be telling the truth. You just have tools that might protect you from regular trading risks.
Unfortunately, we currently do not offer a demo version for C.A.T. as it requires your API Keys to be controlled through our servers for add and remove at the end of your demo period and this would scare many of our customers off. We have given a promise of never communicating to any third party servers and we intend to keep that promise. But you are always free to sell your copy of C.A.T. Bot core if you are not using it. Just contact us through the community pages or [email protected] and we will arrange a transfer in between parties.
You are buying a lifetime license. All future releases of C.A.T. will be delivered to you via a personal link on Dropbox.
You only need your Public API Key of the exchange platform of your select. You can find information on how to obtain the necessary key in here.
Adaptive dynamic ping-pong. It adapts price to match at the top of the order book with various conditions. Even a newbie can trade on default preset. But also there are a lot of settings to learn C.A.T. trade by your strategy. Levels, conditions, order merging, and order steps, and many more, of course, you should be a bit more experienced trader to set up such strategy, the more you use C.A.T. the more knowledge you gain.
It works on any operating system that Java 8 can be installed. Which means it can be Windows, Mac OS, or Linux. You don’t even need to install CAT. Just copy your files from one computer to another, with a totally different OS.
C.A.T. is an endlessly evolving “animal” according to your needs. So be sure that there will be many more functions added and you will be eligible to get all of them once you purchased your copy of C.A.T., even if the prices change after the new functions are added that change what CAT is in a totally new way.
We don’t want to give any hints but there are some surprises on the way. So better get your copy now.
Most frequent questions and answers
You can run C.A.T. with double Click on .JAR File or Right Click on .JAR fle -> “Open With Java” But you can also run C.A.T. via BAT File : You can create (in the same CAT.jar folder) a file called START-CAT.BAT These are the command line to paste inside BAT file :
javaw -jar CAT.jar
javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms256m -jar CAT.jar
First Version is for a “Normal Start”. Second Version is to Allocate more memory. If you let the BAT Windows open you can help me to find Exception (Java Error) if occurs.
Yes, you can. Contact us to change your license.
Orders all have fees. And the % calculated is with fees included.
So you must calculate that there is always a 0.X% fee on a buy order and 0.X% fee on a sell order.
C.A.T. doesn’t pre-calculate fee but is able to know fees quantity after a trade, and subtract them from the total amount used for new Pong Orders or New Ping Orders From buy/sell Pool
A single answer doesn’t exist. It depends on your strategy. Be aware of these factors :
- In “low fluctuation” markets, markets with a high and similar number of trades in the last 24 hours, it’s easy to have a lot of successful Ping-Pongs.
Example of “High And Equilibrate in terms of 24H Trades”: 500/550 – 300/400 – 400/600 …..
- % Min Gain has its meaning for each market.
Best Sell : 0,025
Best Buy: 0,0249
Difference is : 0,0001
% Difference is : 0,4%
Best Sell : 0,00000111
Best Buy: 0,00000110
Difference is : 0,00000001
% Difference is : 0,9%
So, choosing 1% for LTC/BTC could be a good idea, choosing 1% For DOGE/BTC could be a bad idea.
- Study the MAX Value & MIN Value of markets during 24/48/72 hours. The number of times that market hits MAX-Y and MIN+Y (A window of value where you know that many times/day you will reach that value).
Place a Buy when Market is near MIN+Y, place a Sell when Markets is Near MAX-Y
Set a % difference near % Diff Between MIN and MAX
- You don’t need to have a lot of Ping-Pong cycles completed to make money with C.A.T. You can have 1 Ping-Pong/Day but with enormous Gain. Some markets move +/- 30% in a 24 hour period.
In a Ping-Pong cycle there are some factors involved :
– The User who wants to create orders
– The automatic Ping-Pong Algorithm
– The Exchange Trading system that matches buyers/sellers orders
A Ping is an order of Buy or Sell Type. In case of Dynamic Algorithm is free to move (automatic-recreation if needed) according to the ping-pong algorithm parameters (ex: price limits)
A Pong is an order of Sell or Buy Type (Opposite from the original Ping type). It is created by CAT after a Trade occurs over a Ping.
The difference between Ping and Pong is that Pong has 1 more attribute that restricts the possibility of price movements and order recreation: the Reference Price.
The reference price is the price of the Trade Occurs over the Ping.
The Pong price is calculated considering Ping Trade Price + % Gain Requested By The User + Current Market Price.
The calculated price must guarantee at least the % Gain set by the user.
This is the workflow of a Ping Pong Order. Loop is INFINITE (but of course you can set stop conditions).
USER Can Anytime Add Orders or Edit The Buy/Sell Pool.
– Buy/Sell Pool (Automatic)/Ping-Pong Order Creation (User) -> Ping -> TRADE (Reference Price) -> Pong (At least % GAIN) -> GAIN -> TOTAL (Minus Fees) IN BUY/SELL POOL
and then loop restart
Explanation with Examples (for explanation simplification without considering FEES and User Parameters) :
Buy/Sell Pool: Values are expressed as a partner is the currency which you express the Price (or Total Value)
Example: on BTC/LTC, LTC is, BTC is
Every Pool Lookup (that could occur ever X lookups) CAT will try to use 100% of the Pool to create a new Order.
Buy Pool to create new Buy Orders
Sell Pool to create new Sell Orders
You can limit these behaviors setting Pool Limits about Qty and Pool Activations conditions.
A simple example (without considering limits and user parameters) :
Sell Pool 0.3 BTC, Best Market Sell Price is 0.00013 -> 0.3/0.00013 = 2307 new QTY -> New Sell Order will be Sell [email protected]
BUY Pool 0.01 BTC, Best Market Buy Price is 0.00012 -> 0.01/0.00012 = 83 new QTY -> New Buy Order will be Sell [email protected]
Now a Trade Occurs over your Order Sell [email protected]
Let’s say it’s a partial trade: Sell [email protected]
We consider a Gain of 5%
So, REFERENCE PRICE Is 0.00013 -> 0.00013 – 5% (In case of Sell Pong it will be REFERENCE PRICE + % GAIN) = 0,0001235 New Pong Price
So New Order Pong will be Sell [email protected]
When a Trade Will Occurs Over the Pong You will have a GAIN expressed by CAT as
– % (percentage difference between price)
(Total Orders Difference – (Buy + Sell Fees))
The TOTAL Value (Qty x Price) could be reuse (100% or Part of it) into the Buy/Sell Pool to create new PING ORDERS.
In a Ping-Pong Cycle, each order will have his independent “life”
Partial trades will generate more ping and more gains.
Ping Sell [email protected]
Trade 1 Sell [email protected] -> PONG T1 Buy [email protected]
Trade 2 Sell [email protected] -> PONG T2 Buy [email protected]
Trade 3 Sell [email protected] -> PONG T3 Buy [email protected]
In this example, from 1 PING, 3 PONGS Are generated, and from 1 PONG 2 GAINS are generated.
Usually, this happens when you have very BIG Ping Orders.
CAT will proportionally Calculate PING Fees According to Final Pong Trades.
On Final Pong Trade “Trade 1 Buy [email protected]” CAT will calculate the % Percentage of the original Ping “Trade 1 Sell [email protected]” Fees.
Ping Buy [email protected] -> Total Fees is 0.01
If a Final Pong will be Buy [email protected] (that is 10% Qry of the original Buy) Total Fees From Ping will be 0.001 (10% of 0.01)
This is the Infinite Ping-Pong cycle. This is a simplified view, but it’s useful to understand how to flow work.[/caption]
User can update/change elements but the most important actions are :
– Add a Ping Using the GUI Interface
– Update the buy/Sell Pool Values.
Ping Pong parameters work over the Ping-Pong workflow :
– The price limit works on Ping (by default, but you can also add a Limit on Ping)
– Stop-Loss rules work on Pong
– Reuse Rules works on Trades From Pong
– Merge rules works on Ping/Pong/Trades From Ping
When you have a clear idea about the ping-pong cycle it will be easier to understand WHERE you need to set your parameters to optimize your ping-pong
This command, when activated, will be the first operation that C.A.T. will do before any other check
Example (BTC/LCT Market) :
TOP 6 SELL ORDERS
0.02354986 6.68382294 0.15740309
0.02354988 0.04345361 0.00102333
0.02354989 0.03050035 0.00071828
0.02354990 5.74587878 0.13531487
0.02354992 1.27806294 0.03009828
0.02354993 0.54047313 0.01272810
TOP 6 BUY ORDERS
0.02340506 0.03000000 0.00070215
0.02340157 1.21655125 0.02846921
0.02330005 4.00000000 0.09320020
0.02330003 0.09000000 0.00209700
0.02330002 0.01098146 0.00025587
0.02330001 101.20393854 2.35805278
If you set Skip Order With Total < Than 0.1 this will be the “filter” result: TOP SELL ORDERS 0.02354986 6.68382294 0.15740309 0.02354990 5.74587878 0.13531487 other orders…. TOP-BUY ORDERS 0.02330001 101.20393854 2.35805278 other orders…. So, BEST Sell Price Order will be 0.02354986 and BEST Buy Price Order will be 0.02330001
This happens every 40 seconds and all the steps are not always completed.
– Check Pending User Operation (request like delete orders or stop process)
– Update last time lookup (this is useful to detect frozen condition)
– Check if there’s at least 1 active order or a trade or a buy-sell pool value (if not, the market will be in ZOMBIE status)
– Check Run Condition (if there’s some option active like Return All To Primary/Secondary Currency)
– Update (With Api Call) Market Orders+MyOrders+MyTrades
– Check Orders To Restore (orders that in the previous lookup got errors)
– Check Each Active Order (if a trade is happening, if there are condition to retry a recalculation to place order in better market condition)
– Check Each Trade to create New Pong Order (if Trade From Ping) or to add total trade value into Buy/Sell Pool (if Trade From Pong)
– Check if there are new Ping Orders to create from Buy/Sell Pool (this happens every 5 lookup)
Percentage difference is calculated via this formula : (price1 – price2) / price2 * 100;
Where price1 could be from : Best Market Sell Order or Order Reference or New Value Calculated By C.A.T.
Where price2 could be from : Best Market Buy Order or Order Reference or New Value Calculated By C.A.T.
Best Buy Price VS Best Sell Price (is the CHECK Button Result in Ping Pong Creator)
Reference Price VS New Order Price Calculated (In case of BUY Order)
New Order Price Calculated VS Reference Price (In case of SELL Order)
A refund is not possible due to API Key registrations and we cannot just erase it in our servers. Because we don’t have them. Once you get your copy, only you have it and even if we refund your money, we cannot know if you continue using it. So please take your time to join the community, read our tutorials, ask if you don’t understand, and try to learn taking benefit of CAT Bot. You will love it once you get the hold of it.
But if you still want to give it up, you can, of course, sell your core license. You can do that in our community pages as well. We are sorry to see you go.
You should consider that the Gain shown by CAT is a Mathematical Gain based on Ping-Pong Completed % Spread.
And of course, it’s a gain but your General Estimated Portfolio Value can’t be based only on such value.
– First of all, take in consideration that the Default % GAIN Suggested by CAT is BuyFee+SellFee+0.1%
To accept this value as % GAIN nearly means “Trade Without Gains”
– Consider This example to explain the difference between SingleGain VS Estimated Portfolio value
At Time 1 :
I have 100 and the price (in BTC) is 0.01 so I have 1 BTC in (100 * 0.01)
After PING-PONG Completed I have 110, so 10 Coin Gains or 10% Gains.
At Time 3 :
Bad luck for and a crash occurs some times later (that has nothing to do with your trades)
Change price on market /BTC is now = 0.005
So now i have 110 * 0.005 = 0.55 BTC
– My Gain using CAT is 10 Coin or 10%. And this is absolutely true.
– My estimated portfolio value is lower than before. And this is absolutely true too.
The contact form is used only for emergency purposes. If your question was a technical one on how to use CAT Bot, you should ask it in our community pages. We must have directed you by e-mail over there but sorry if we haven’t already. Please take your time to join in and ask our experts there. Your problem will get solved, no worries.
No, it is not.
The estimated portfolio value is only the sum of all your Coins, converted to BTC using the LAST ORDER PRICE.
This means that if you have 10 Coins X, and this is the Order Book:
And the last trade is Buy [email protected], your Estimated Value will be 100 * 0.05 = 0.5 BTC
Your Real Portfolio Value is the distribution of your 100 Coins over the book order.
0.05 * 0.02 +
0.04 * 0.1 +
0.03 * 0.1 +
0.02 * 0.1 +
0.01 * 0.1 =
0,001+0,004+0,003+0,002+0,001 = 0.011 Total Value distribute on the value of the first 5 orders.
Quantity distribute is 0.42, it will remain 9.58 to distribute over the last order ([email protected]) = 9.58 * 0.005 = 0,0479
Your ESTIMATED Value is 0.5 BTC
Your REAL Value is 0.011 + 0.0479 = 0.0589 BTC
Please make sure our e-mail address ([email protected]) is in your trusted contacts and the e-mail we have sent is not in your Spam folder already. If both cases are true, please drop us a message either through the contact form or send us an e-mail (which usually automatically adds us trusted as well) and we will sort it out. Don’t panic.
Please make sure the API Key you sent us is the one that you are trying to log in and it is still valid in your exchange platform as well. We hope you haven’t updated it in your exchange because once we send your copy, it is not possible to update your API Key unless you buy a new one here as an extra license.
Please read the above questions to understand why we can’t simply update your keys. Your registration is final.
– During a general market devaluation phase, you will lose money. Stop using CAT if you don’t have time to study markets and choose the ones to work on.
– After you stop using CAT you will notice that you will lose money the same. (Because it’s not C.A.T.’s fault when you lose money)
– A manual Sell of some currencies in BTC could be a good idea.
It usually takes only a few hours until we compile your copy with your API Key(s) and send the download link to your e-mail address but anything between 6 to 24 hours before we have had an opportunity to prepare can be accepted normal. Don’t worry, you will receive it soon.
Any exchange has rules like decimal numbers for Price/Qty, Min Qty, Min Total Order (Qty x Price).
These constraints create problems: you can’t create micro orders or you can’t create a PONG starting from a micro trade.
Then you have 3 choices :
– let CAT Round these values to reach the min amount (round is made over qty)
– deny any rounding routine (micro trades & partially filled orders with micro qty will remain frozen)
– use DUST Options (to discard trades/partially filled orders).
You can also combine these options: you can discard micro partially filled orders and adequate trades.
So how this impacts my balance?
Let’s make 2 examples, on BTC/LTC Market
Example 1 :
My Balance is 1 BTC, 0 LTC on start
– I Create 1 PING BUY [email protected]
– A micro trade occurs BUY [email protected]
– The exchange wants at least 1 unit as QTY
– C.A.T. try to create SELL [email protected]+% but this is not possible
– CASE A: Adequate is TRUE -> 0.1 is adequate to 1 and SELL ORDER IS SELL [email protected]+%
– CASE B: Adequate is FALSE -> TRADE IS FROZEN FOREVER
BUT in case A you will have another error: NO LTC Available, in fact, the 0.9 LTC needed for readings from 0.1 to 1
Example 2 : (Very uncommon, but useful to explain)
– You have an active order on MarketA and a Trade On MarketB.
– The sum of order + trade represents 100% Of Your Balance.
– NO Adequate option is set and Trade On MarketB doesn’t have an ADEQUATE Option active
– Trade is Frozen and No Pong is Possible.
– Order is Recalculated on MarketA
– C.A.T. Delete the order before recreation
– Balance returns available between delete and creates a routine
– During that moment CAT is able to create the PONG Order on MarketB (adequate is false, but balance is available)
– C.A.T. is not able to recreate the PING On market because the balance was used by PONG Creation on MarketB
– Take a look at adequate options and understand how it works for this precise options group
– The adequate option for “PING Creation from the pool” is riskier than other adequate options.
– Avoid trading with 100% of your balance (there are options to consider for example 80% of your full balance)
– Before start trading on / market, it could be a good idea to have non 0 Balance in one of the 2 sides
– Use DUST Options
– Deal with the fact that sometimes a frozen situation could happen: you can delete orders/trades manually or create a new order.